Justin Bieber’s Paternity Lawsuit Dismissed
16. November 2011
When the news about the paternity lawsuit filed against Canadian singing superstar Justin Bieber, 17, went out to the media it made headlines around the world especially to his fans. However, a good news is awaiting the fans of the ‘Baby’ star after reports state that the woman complainant has reportedly withdrawn her lawsuit against the heartthrob singer.
Last week, the 20-year-old Californian woman Mariah Yeater withdrew her lawsuit against Bieber from the court, according to the reports. Her lawyer Jeffery Leving said that she withdrew her case because of the threat from the alleged singer. He also said that they had sufficient solid pieces of evidence to prove that Bieber fathered the baby, but Yeater dropped the allegations fearing for her life and wanting to raise the child without any problem. He admits, “In light of death threats directed toward my client, strategies have been reviewed. The San Diego case has been withdrawn, and we’re trying to settle out of court with Bieber’s counsel. We’re working out a DNA test confidentially.” At the moment, Justin Bieber or his representative did not give any statement about the withdrawal of the case.
Mariah Yeater earlier filed a paternity case against the singer in San Diego court on November 1, 2011, claiming that Justin Bieber is the father of her three-month-old baby. She described in the lawsuit that she made love with Bieber in a concert in Los Angeles last year without any protection, and as a result, the baby came to the world.
Justin Bieber denied all the allegations against him and said that these are merely defamatory and false claims to damage his reputation. However, he agreed for a DNA test. But, he threaten that he would take proper steps against the woman if the test proves the claim was false.