Plastic Eyed As Cause Of Giraffe Death Inside Indonesian Zoo
03. March 2012
Looks like throwing of garbage outside of garbage cans is a big NO.
This developed after a giraffe died inside a zoo in Surabaya, Indonesia allegedly because of plastic. A 30-year-old zoo giraffe named “Kliwon” mysteriously died inside the Surabaya Zoo in East Java’s capital.
Anthan Warsito, the spokesman of the zoo revealed before the death of the giraffe the animal had been sick for several days. Warsito said upon the autopsy they conducted on the dead animal, they discovered that its stomach contained a 44-pound (20-kilogram) lump of plastic.
He said the lump had a diameter of 23 inches (60 centimeters). The spokesman said the giraffe might have accidentally swallowed the plastic that lead to its untimely death. This report should serve as an example to everybody to throw your garbage well, so that both humans and animals will not be hurt by your action.