04. March 2013
This father has accidentally killed this baby with a kiss.(dailymail.co.uk)
A British father is now in deep mourning after he accidentally killed his two-month old son with his own kiss.
According to reports, Carl Maclaren unknowingly inflicted a cold virus to his prematurely born son when he lovingly kissed him. Due to the cold virus the baby boy died from multiple organ failure to the shock and sorrow of his parents. Based on internet facts, cold sores are caused by the herpes simplex virus (HSV), which is carried by most people, but usually lies dormant.
It can be caught through physical contact, such as kissing or even breastfeeding. Medical experts revealed that while most adults carry the virus without any health risks, it can be fatal for babies because of their poor immunity. The experts said those in the first six weeks of life are most at risk.
The experts added that while the virus can be notoriously hard to detect, early signs include a baby not feeding, drowsiness, fever, floppiness and unusual crying. With the sad fate that befell his son, the father is now in terrible emotional pain and is blaming himself for his death. Read more »